three days ago i tried Jonty's dragon skin!i was very tempted from the moment i saw his video on youtube (you'll find the video on his site by clicking on his name) and time has come to try it!
it's a hit i tell you!i was very happy with the result but first i had to convert the ounce(oz) measurement unit in grams because we don't use ounce at all only ml or grams.i've found in the dictionary that 1 oz=28,349 gram so i've converted his magical recipe and.... surprise...the composition came out much more thick than on the video although i followed carefully the instructions .here comes the importance of videos so i take this moment for my special thanksgiving of your your efforts Jonty for spreading your knowledge and experience around the world .
i suppose the pva glue we are using around here is different in its constitution and thats why i had to add more water to the mass until it seemed to me it's alike the mixture seen in the video.of course i was worried about thinking of what the excess of water may cause but i gave it a try.
i was very happy with the result which cracks only if it's applied thicker than 2 mm.
and as an observation-i tried the mixture over gray pulp,white paper and cloth and the colors that i'm using after drying pops out much better on white paper and cloth than the pulp.for the pulp section i've added a coat of white household acrylic paint that helped.
here you can see a few of my staffs i'm working on...
first layer of dragon skin applied over unfinished pumpkin-although i've started it in July it's still in experiment stage lol
second layer- becomes smoother and covers little "mistakes"
now i just have to make pulp to finish the rest of the pumpkin..
my son have "ordered" a zeppelin-he is NOW in love with balloons so i have to make one.it looks rather a bomb now but i go forward
DIY repisa con palet
Acum o oră